Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Avila


Avila is a beautiful beach to visit. Especially right now, the seals and sea lions are out right at the pier. Tons of them! The kids walked right down the stairs and were so close they could have touched them, if I were crazy! It was so neat to see, a few were swimming around the pier but most were all lumped on top of each other relaxing in the shade. We also grabbed ice cream cones and took a stroll, watching people fish off of the pier and kayak in the water. Unfortunately I only took my phone and all of pictures were lost when I updated it so I have no pictures from our recent trip there to check out the wildlife. 
I do however have pictures from a previous trip to the Avila Valley Barn which is a must see if you are in that area.




 Starting at the end of September, the pumpkins come out and cover the place! There's a petting zoo type of set up around the barn area and you can get a bag of salad to feed the animals for .25!

Then there is a tractor/hay ride that takes you out into the pumpkin patch to pick your own pumpkins.

Or you can just pick one of the SEVERAL that are already picked for you!

My kids always get a honey stick for a treat, and sometimes we grab ice cream or lunch from the little cafe/ice cream shop.  It's such a fun place to go, we love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment